*** UPDATE ***
Iyad Burnat has been refused a visa by the UK government, another example of British Government complicity in Israel's violation of Palestinian rights. We ask that you:
- Please sign & share the petition
- Attend, share and invite your friends and family to the event in Glasgow. If Iyad is still unable to attend in person we hope to establish a video link so he can join the meeting. In any case the meeting will go ahead with speakers who can give an overview of the situation of Bil'in and other Palestinian villages that have lost land due to Israel's Annexation Wall. If you have visited Palestine please come and help us give voice to Palestinians, to relate stories of their struggle for freedom and justice, and to discuss our role here in Scotland.
Book launch with Iyad Burnat, Chair of Popular Committee of Bil’in.
Bil'in village in the occupied West Bank, Palestine, covers 4,085 dunums (1,009 acres) of mainly agricultural land. Israel's Annexation Wall cuts through the village land and has appropriated half of the land for Israel.
Bil'in villagers have been demonstrating against the Wall for over 10 years, while taking legal action against the state of Israel. Iyad is coordinator of the Bil'in Popular Committee Against the Wall. Bi'lin villagers still do not have access to their land and face violent represssion by the Israeli army.
- ‘Our goal is to have our freedom’: Interview with Iyad Burnat on popular resistance in Bil’in
- WATCH: Hundreds commemorate nine years of popular struggle in Bil'in
- To end the occupation, dissolve the Palestinian Authority
- Bilin activist: “Words are not enough”