CAN YOU play an instrument (or sing)?
DO YOU know someone else in ECC who might be able to?
Please spread the word…
WHAT’S GOING ON?
On 18 October at 13:00 we’ll be playing live music in the atrium of County Hall. We did it last year and had so much fun that some of us recently started meeting regularly as Little City Big Band. Come and jam with us on the 18th – or maybe even join the band!
It’s a ‘jam’ because many of us will never have played together before and we’ll have to make some of it up. All abilities welcome. And don’t worry, we’ll have some sneaky songs and chords in our back pockets in advance, so you can come a little bit prepared.
WHY ON EARTH IS THIS HAPPENING?
The noisiest and most entertaining ‘Art of the Possible’ event last year was a great way to see new sides of colleagues from the length and breadth of ECC. It’s a chance to have fun and make music, while raising awareness of the Art of the Possible events and perhaps illustrating a point:
- What hidden skills do you and your team-mates have (other than musical ones)? How could an innovative ECC make better use of them?
- Increasingly in ECC we are drawn together into new teams under pressure to create something new very quickly …much like in a jam session! Watch us storming, norming and performing.
HOW WILL IT EVER WORK?
- Sign up to our event or email email@example.com.
- A week before the jam, everyone who’s been in touch will get some secret crib sheets – some songs to listen to and some chords so we’re a teeny bit prepared.
- TURN UP ON TUESDAY 18th OCTOBER – this is the most important bit.
- Bring your gear – we can get power for amps. (if you’re a singer, you can join in with any proper songs we play – hopefully there’ll be a small crowd of singers).
YES LET’S JAM – BUT WHAT IS LITTLE CITY BIG BAND?
Tempted to come and jam with us on the 18th? How about joining Little City Big Band and playing regularly?
We’re an aspiring community band, currently for people with ECC connections but hoping to expand to the public later. Chelmsford Library is our rehearsal space after work every other Tuesday. We play toe-tapping tunes and songs drawn from jazz, funk, rhythm and blues and anything else which tickles our fancy. You don’t need to be able to read music if you’re up for learning simple tunes by ear or using chord names – the goal is to support anybody who wants to join in. All we want to be is in tune, in time, and having fun!
Our next rehearsals are 20 September and 4 October.
If you’re not sure: sign up anyway or send Alex Polak your questions, then come along and decide on the day of the Jam!