If you have a love of the outdoors, want to exercise, want some "me" time want to lose weight, enjoy exercising with others, want to improve your strength, health and well-being or even all the above and more, then Nordic Walking is for you. Come and join us Nordic Walking with poles and see how they can to give you an easy full body workout. Come and learn to Nordic Walk with Walk Kernow a social way to exercise in the fresh air.
Trelissick Gardens (Feock, near Truro, TR3 6QL. on B3289 above King Harry ferry)
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your Beginners Workshop to allow time to get ready for the session. Allow 1 hr for the session.
When you arrive at Trelissick Gardens tell the car park attendant that you are Nordic Walking and you will be able to park free of charge (please ask me for a Parking Permit). He will also be able to tell you where we are parked. If you cannot find us please wait by the information shelter and we will find you.
Equipment, footwear & clothing
Poles are provided for the Beginners Workshop Packages and are also available for hire on future Nordic Walks. It is best to layer up for Nordic Walking so you can adjust your clothing as you get warmer, lightweight waterproofs may be necessary depending on the weather. Trainers or walking shoes are also required, please no open shoes/sandals/flipflops/wellies.
Whenever you walk with us it is essential to bring water with you. A water carrying waist pack or slim rucksack is best so that so it doesn't restrict movement. We also have Walk Kernow Waist packs for sale. These can be added to your Beginners Workshop order.
Apres Nordic Walk
After our Workshop we have coffee or lunch in Crofters Cafe at Trelissick Gardens if you would like to join us. You will receive a voucher for a FREE tea or filter coffee when you make any purchase.
**Walk Card OFFER**
Buy a 5 Walk Cark on the day for £25 rrp £36 includes pole hire
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com or on 07540478919.
NB Although we do not cancel for wet weather for our Nordic Walks, our Beginners Workshops are postponed for very wet/windy weather as it makes it very hard to teach and very uncomfortable for you.
If for any reason you cannot make your Beginners Workshop please give us at least 48hrs notice and you will be able to transfer to an alternative Beginners Workshop.
Terms & Conditions
- YOU MUST ALWAYS BRING WATER TO OUR NORDIC WALKS (Inc. a rucksack or waist pack to carry it)
- All Nordic Walks need to be booked to secure your place and or poles. There are 10 - 20 spaces on a Nordic Walk depending on the walk.
- Nordic Walkers are required to arrive 15mins before their walk to sign in and be ready for the start of their walk or they may be turned away.
- We operate a "No Bad Weather - Just Bad Clothing" policy for our Nordic Walks so be prepared to walk in all weathers. We only cancel a walk due to severe weather warnings or lightening.
- You are expected to wear suitable clothing to keep you warm, dry and your feet supported/ protected. Please no open shoes or flip flops!
- We have a 24 hours’ notice of cancellation policy. Any booking cancelled with the required 24 hours’ notice can be transferred to another Walk. All bookings cancelled with less than the required 24 hours’ notice will not be eligible for any refund or transfer.
- We require you to stay with the group when Nordic Walking. If you wish to leave at any time please notify your Instructor or Walk Leader.
Looking forward to Nordic Walking with you
Founder and Managing Director