If you’re looking to start building your computer programming skills, then this is the course for you!
Java is a programming language and computing platform which is at the heart of our digital lifestyle, and whose interconnected capabilities means Java is a commonly used foundation for developing and delivering content on the Web. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere! This session will set you on the path to understanding how to read and write the popular programming language, and provide a foundation for you to explore human-to-digital interfaces, architect applications, and unlock innovation wherever you go.
About the course
Over the course of the day you’ll learn:
- Introduction to and installing Java
- What is Java?
- A ‘Hello World’ application
- Java basics – : variables, class structure, packages, data types, looping, arrays
The course starts at 10:00am and finishes at 4:00pm. Lunch is served at 12:30pm.
Who is the course for?
Total beginners. You do not need to have any coding experience to attend. This course is ideal for someone who wants to get to grips with the basics of Java computer programming.
The cost is £30. This covers:
- One day of tuition
- Lunch and refreshments
Booking your place
For your convenience, we offer a number of ways to book:
- Book via Eventbrite
- Invoice or PayPal – by phoning 0161 839 6324 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment by cheque – made out to MadLab CIC, and sent to MadLab 36-40 Edge Street, Manchester M4 1HN
- We also accept card payments in person
Please find MadLab’s Cancellation Policy here.