Java Programming Evening 6-Weeks Course
Essentials of Java programming, explaining Java technology and principles of Object Orientated Programming. Great Tutors. All Inclusive Pricing. Practical lessons and exercises. Central Location. Upgrade your skills after working hours.
This 6-weeks Evenings-Seminar will introduce you to the basics of Java.
Who will the Course Benefit?
- Beginners to coding, who would like to learn the basics in the evenings while working, with the guidance and assistance of a professional
- Beginners who would like to fast-track their entry to a programming career
- Or: Coders who want to migrate or cross-skill to Java.
- Or: Is coding for me? Will I enjoy coding as a career option? Will I find it easy when I take this subject at Uni?
- Outcome of the course: Practical: A ticket-purchase" program on this course.
Teaching Style: Practical course projects with clear explanations. Useful examples.
- Overview of Java: The three Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles; First Java program; Closer look at the first program; Lexical Issues and Java keywords.
- Data Types, Variables, and Arrays: Primitive types; Characters; Boolean; Working with variables; Introduction to String class; Working with arrays.
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators.
- Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- else if - else statement; Nested if - else; Switch Statements
- Using Loops: Introduction of looping; The while loop; The do-while loop; The for loop; The enhanced for loop; Jump statements : break, continue; The return statement; Nesting loops; Using the for-each loop with Arrays.
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Introduction of Object and Classes; Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object.
- Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Methods that takes parameters.
All techniques listed are illustrated with practical examples which will be done during the sessions, or as homework.
Computers: Bring your own laptop, download information will be provided upon booking.
Book this course
Save This Event
When & Where
PCWorkshops is a specialist provider of training courses in Java programming, databases and MS Project.
More about us:
Our up-to-date training courses are designed and delivered by registered, qualified instructors with a wealth of experience in software development and training.
The maximum class-size is normally 4. Every one gets personalised attention and lots of practical.
We are based near Trafalgar Square in London, (near Charing Cross, Embankment and Waterloo stations). Also at Milton Keynes, Southend-on-Sea.
Why learn with us at PCWorkshops:
Up-to-date relevant courses for todays’ business world
Trainers with professional experience
Award Winning Trainer
21 Years In Business
Excellent Client References
Classroom training with max class-size 4 people, virtual classrooms, 1-1 mentoring
Assessment-based certificate, Oracle exam vouchers
Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends
At PCWorkshops, we love out job!
We offer Training Courses in Software Packages:
MS Project Training.
Database design and Data Normalisation.
MS Excel, data analyses with Excel. Excel VBA.
Access Database Courses.
MS Office Training.
Our PCWorkshops certificates are assessment based.
Our course outlines are in-line with Oracle courses. We assist with exam prep for the presitigeous, international Oracle Certified Associate qualification.
Our clients are:
Data analysts and all others who use large sets of data
Software companies, testing companies,companies who employ software developers
Coders and new coders who need Accredited Java qualification
We can tailor courses. In addition, we are able to offer in-house training.
What makes us different: all our Access Database, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint are offered as a standard on a 1-1 basis.
The Excel VBA, Database Design, SQL, SSRS, SQL Report Builder and Java Courses are in groups of 4, but could also be 1-1.