San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Essentials of Java programming, explaining Java technology and principles of Object Orientated Programming. Great Tutors. All Inclusive Pricing. Practical.
This 1-Day Seminar will introduce you to the basics of Java.
Who will the Course Benefit?
- Is coding for me? Will I enjoy coding as a career option? Will I find it easy when I take this subject at Uni?
- Or: Coders who want to migrate or cross-skill to Java.
Outcome of the day: You will create a short "ticket-purchase" program on this day.
Teaching Style: Practical course projects with clear explanations. Useful examples.
- Overview of Java: The three Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles; First Java program; Closer look at the first program; Lexical Issues and Java keywords
- Data Types, Variables, and Arrays: Primitive types; Characters; Boolean; Working with variables; Introduction to String class; Working with arrays
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators
- Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- else if - else statement; Nested if - else; Switch Statements
- Using Loops: Introduction of looping; The while loop; The do-while loop; The for loop; The enhanced for loop; Jump statements : break, continue; The return statement; Nesting loops; Using the for-each loop with Arrays
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Introduction of Object and Classes; Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object;
- Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Methods that takes parameters;
All techniques listed are illustrated with practical examples which will be done during the sessions, or as homework.
Computers: Bring your own laptop, download information will be provided upon booking.
Click here to Book this course
When & Where
What is TechMeetups?
TechMeetups has been setup to create a global network of Tech communities from San Francisco to Sydney. We believe that Tech communities are isolated and great things can be achieved if we connect within our cities and outside our borders.
Our global community started out with the launch of the London Silicon Roundabout Tech community in December 2010. Following it's success in becoming one of the city's fastest growing groups, we have launched TechMeetups communities in the following locations:
Why become a member of TechMeetups?
Anyone who is thinking about starting their own software or web company and wants to bounce ideas off each other and meet potential partners or investors are welcome to join this group!
Our aim is to connect the various tech communities to help our members network, connect, invest and launch products in the hottest technology clusters. We plan to organise monthly meetups to cover various technology subjects that are of interest to our members.
- GET INVOLVED IN EVENTS WORLDWIDE on TechMeetups!
Check out all upcoming events in all our communities and promote your company in one of them!
- POST YOUR JOBS at TechStartupJobs!
- DOWNLOAD OUR APP from PLAYSTORE!