Actions and Detail Panel
Java Programming "Taster" Course
Fri 21 April 2017, 12:00 – 19:00 BST
Java Programming "Taster" Course, 1 Day:
Essentials of Java programming, explaining Java technology and principles of Object Orientated Programming. Great Tutors. All Inclusive Pricing. Practical.
This 1-Day Seminar will introduce you to the basics of Java.
Who will the Course Benefit?
• Is coding for me? Will I enjoy coding as a career option? Will I find it easy when I take this subject at Uni?
• Or: Coders who want to migrate or cross-skill to Java.
Outcome of the day: You will create a short "ticket-purchase" program on this day.
Teaching Style: Practical course projects with clear explanations. Useful examples.
· Overview of Java: The three Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles; First Java program; Closer look at the first program; Lexical Issues and Java keywords
· Data Types, Variables, and Arrays: Primitive types; Characters; Boolean; Working with variables; Introduction to String class; Working with arrays
· Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators
· Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- else if - else statement; Nested if - else; Switch Statements
· Using Loops: Introduction of looping; The while loop; The do-while loop; The for loop; The enhanced for loop; Jump statements : break, continue; The return statement; Nesting loops; Using the for-each loop with Arrays
· Introduction to Classes and Objects: Introduction of Object and Classes; Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object;
· Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Methods that takes parameters;
Practical All techniques listed are illustrated with practical examples which will be done during the sessions, or as homework.
Computers: Bring your own laptop, download information will be provided upon booking.
Additional entry requirements
Internet and general computer skills. Our students come from all walks of life: Professionals working full time and studying part time, or students from our top Universities who need additional tuition along side their studies, or job seekers who would like to further their careers and move into software development.
More info HERE