Essentials of Java programming, explaining Java technology and principles of Object Orientated Programming. All Inclusive Pricing. Practical lessons and exercises. Great Tutors. Central Location.
Who will the Course Benefit?
- Beginners to coding, who would like to learn the basics in the evenings while working, with the guidance and assistance of a professional
- Beginners who would like to fast-track their entry to a programming career
- Or: Coders who want to migrate or cross-skill to Java.
- Or: Is coding for me? Will I enjoy coding as a career option? Will I find it easy when I take this subject at Uni?
Teaching Style: Practical course projects with clear explanations. Useful examples.
- Data Types: Quick overview of different data types: How do you work with whole numbers, decimals, characters, etc.
- Variables: Working with variables; Introduction to String class. Operators and Expressions: Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators. Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- else if - else statement; Switch Statements
- Using Loops: Introduction of looping; The while loop; The do-while loop; The for loop; The enhanced for loop; Jump statements : break, continue; The return statement.
- Arrays: Working with arrays.
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Introduction of Object and Classes; Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object.
- Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Methods that takes parameters.
All techniques listed are illustrated with practical examples which will be done during the sessions, or as homework.
Computers: Bring your own laptop, download information will be provided upon booking.