San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Who will be crowned the JCI Yorkshire Public Speaking Champion 2015.
Representatives from the Yorkshire chambers, Barnsley, Rotherham, Leeds, Doncaster, Bradford, Harrogate, Sheffield will preform a speech on one of the following topics
- When I was little...
- "You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over." Richard Branson
- It's the simple things in life...
- The dark side of leadership
Competitives must book on the cc website, instructions on how to do this will be emailed in the booking confirmation and must do so before Tuesday 1st September 2015 (23:59)
Please note only members can take part in the competition, they must register on the cc website and approved by their chambers president.
Please note that we do take photos and video at our events. These may be used to promote JCI Barnsley and future events JCI Barnsley run. If you do not wish to be included in these, please make us aware when you arrive to the event. If you don't, we'll assume that you're happy to be in them.
When & Where
Junior Chamber International (JCI) is the leading network of young leaders (people aged 18-40) to belong to if you want to develop your skills, expand your experiences and have fun at the same time.
JCI is an opportunity to further your personal development while making a real difference in your community. You can also get involved in projects, organise events, attend training and business events.
Each event, business visit and training session equals networking opportunities for you. JCI is perfect for you if you are new to your town/city and need to widen your social circles and meet new friends. JCI always welcome new young professionals to join the organisation. So if you are looking for an educational and social network JCI is the place for you!
JCI offers you the opportunity to do things that will make a difference for yourself and society such as:
- network with other young professionals (business skills)
- increase your confidence in public speaking and debating (professional skills)
- support your local community and charitable projects (CSR and project management)
- take on a local, national or international role on a council team (management and leadership skills)
- travel to events locally, nationally and internationally
- make new friends and have fun!
Our membership is very diverse – from start-up entrepreneurs to people working in blue chip companies, non-profit organisations and charities. JCI members come from all walks of life, and from all around the world. But they are united in one common aim: to challenge and develop themselves.