Although "regular" intelligence is important to success in life, Emotional Intelligence (EI) is key to relating well to others and achieving your goals. Many people believe that it is at least as important as regular intelligence, and many companies now use EI testing to hire new staff.
EI is an awareness of your actions and feelings – and how they affect those around you. It also means that you value others, listen to their wants and needs, and are able to empathize or identify with them on many different levels.
During this workshop you will:
- Understand the concept of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and be able to utilise the EI model to ensure a more productive approach to managing personal emotions and professional relationships
- Develop an understanding of how Emotional Intelligence can improve non-judgemental listening
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Introduces the concept of Emotional Intelligence
- Uses an Emotional intelligence questionnaire to identify personal emotional intelligence levels
- Discusses the importance of Emotional Intelligence (EI) in developing professional relationships
- Considers how to become more self-aware and productively manage personal emotions
- Focuses on how to develop non-judgemental listening skills
About our speaker:
Andrew Carr is the Managing Director of Acet People, an independent education and recruitment training company. For the past 20 years Andrew has worked with a variety of staffing companies across many recruitment sectors advising and delivering specific and results focused learning programmes.
Andrew has worked with recruitment businesses from SMEs to large corporates. His working style has been described as: ‘engaging’, ‘passionate’, ‘fun’, ‘informative’, ‘highly interactive’, ‘practical’ and ‘challenging’.
As a trainer, Andrew’s philosophy is one of engagement and interaction. He believes that a successful business is one that not only puts customers at the heart of everything they do, but also a business that dedicates time, effort and energy into developing, supporting and challenging its people.
Academic and professional qualifications:
Diploma in Management Studies Diploma in Training Management; Chartered Fellow of the CIPD (FCIPD); Fellow Institute of Sales Management (FInstSM); Fellow of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (FIRP).
The Training Team of JCI London look forward to welcome you on our last training from the series 'Jet Set Your Career' for 2016. Don't miss the Grand Finale and secure your ticket here!
For any questions or enquiries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org