Actions and Detail Panel
JIRA Essentials - Official Atlassian Course
Mon 15 May 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 BST
In this course, attendees learn how JIRA is organized and gain hands-on experience working with the JIRA application by performing the most common tasks. Attendees work through real-life scenarios using a preconfigured instance of JIRA. By logging in to JIRA as users with various job roles and JIRA roles, attendees gain an understanding of who typically performs which tasks and why. After attending this course, attendees will learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects. They will return to their jobs with increased confidence and a better command of often-used JIRA features.
3.5 hour classroom session with hands-on lab exercises.
- What is JIRA?
- JIRA roles
- Navigating JIRA
- Issues hierarchy
- Managing issues
- Workflow concepts
- Version management
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create a JIRA issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are categorized in JIRA
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Use versions to coordinate a product release
- Experiment with an Agile board to managing multiple issues effectively
- Link a JIRA issue to a Confluence page
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the JIRA dashboard
What do you need?
Just you and a laptop for accessing the lab environment!