San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As part of a full band tour this autumn we are pleased to welcome Joe Tilston and the Embers band to Live at All Hallows.
Raised on folk but rebelling at an early age towards punk, Joe has played with ska/punk band Random Hand for a decade, writing his own stuff in his scarce free time. Some changes within Random Hand in the past couple of years finally meant Joe could bring together a decade of compositions into a long-gestated debut album, Embers.
Joe plays solo a lot both in Yorkshire and across the UK, but this will be a rare chance to hear him with his band. http://joetilston.wordpress.com/
Listen here: http://joetilston.bandcamp.com/album/embers
Some opinions about Embers
“He sounds less angry, like he’d been allowed to play outside more. I like it.” – Elizabeth, aged 8yrs
‘Impressively feisty folk-flavoured debut’ – fRoots Magazine.
‘A fine guitarist’ – Acoustic Magazine
‘Creative, unassuming and from the heart’ – 4/5 – 247 Mag
‘This is a unique and beautiful record’ – 11/13 – Room Thirteen
‘Truly breath-taking’ – 4/5 – Punktastic.com
In support we are excited to have Sarah Carey: Sarah's LAAH debut was 4 years ago at our very first gig. She was amazing then at the age of 14, now we are lucky to have her return to play for us as she imminently leaves for University.
Tickets £5.50 advance, £7 on the door
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.