John Purkiss: how to build an authentic personal brand (rescheduled)
Monday, 4 February 2013 from 18:45 to 20:00 (GMT)
This event is now over but you can download the recording from Sensible Media's download store.
This event has been re-scheduled from Thursday 31 Jan.
This webinar is co-produced by INSEAD's Alumni Career Service and Sensible Media Ltd.
While talent and experience get you shortlisted, recruiters like to hire candidates who are somehow distinctive. Similarly, consulting/ freelance work and other opportunities typically go to people who manage to be both professional and memorable.
Not everyone however is comfortable with the idea of having a personal brand. Or with the idea of marketing themselves to promote it.
In this webinar John Purkiss offers a different approach to personal branding designed to allow people to be their authentic selves at work.
This webinar covers:
- Simple exercises to help you clarify your talents and values
- A way of finding your “mission” even if you don’t feel you have one
- An analytical structure to help you think about your brand and how it fits with your work.
Also we will cover some of the counter-intuitive aspects of this approach:
- When and why being an “ordinary guy or gal” can be effective branding
- How clarifying your brand and what you are about can help you attract and choose between projects and opportunities
- How to make sure the stories you tell about yourself convey the right message
- How you can become more visible professionally without reinventing yourself
- How repelling some people is not only inevitable but important
- How a clear personal brand means you have to “sell yourself” less rather than more.
The webinar will also cover the use of archetypes in personal branding and how these can help you communicate what you are about.
This is the first of two webinars on personal branding by John Purkiss. Details of the second (on February 7) are here.
You can attend both webinars at a reduced price by choosing a the joint ticket option above.
This webinar has is a co-production by INSEAD Alumni Careers Services and Sensible
What you get
Participants will receive:
- Access to the webinar including live Q and A with John
- Opportunity for a personal brand review of your online profile
- Video recording for download after the event
- Audio podcast (for Iphone /Android/ MP3 player) for download
- Access to bonus materials including:
- Presentation slides
- Personal branding workbook
- Resource pack
PLUS – Bonus 75m recording of John’s webinar on How to be Headhunted in a LinkedIn World
This webinar has is a co-production by INSEAD Alumni Careers Services and Sensible Media Ltd. We are delighted additionally to offer alumni of the following schools discounted (50% off) access:
- London Business School
- Henley Business School
- Imperial College
- IE Business School
- ESCP Europe Business School
- Manchester Business School
This webinar is offered on a refund-on-demand basis (if you don't like if for any reason we refund your ticket). To request a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org either before or after the webinar.
John is a headhunter and co-author of How to be Headhunted and Brand You.
He studied economics at Cambridge University and has an MBA from INSEAD, where he was awarded the Henry Ford II Prize. He began his career in banking and management consultancy, and was a partner with Heidrick & Struggles.
John is now Head of Leadership Practice at Veni Partners, recruiting CEOs, finance directors, chair(wo)men and non-executive directors. John has lived and worked in France, Belgium and the USA and speaks French, German and Spanish.
Sensible Media Ltd
Sensible Media publishes online career guidance for business schools around the world. You can find out more here.