John Purkiss on how to create new opportunities using your personal brand
Thursday, 7 February 2013 from 18:30 to 19:45 (GMT)
This event is over, but the recording and podcast for this webinar are available for download from Sensible Media's download store.
This webinar is co-produced by INSEAD Alumni Career Service and Sensible Media Ltd.
Clarifying what you are “about” can be hard work. But reminding yourself what you love doing is often exciting and energising. Where though should this energy be directed?
Taking action has a cost in terms of time. Social media can create amazing opportunities but can also devour every free minute in your schedule.
Addressed thoughtfully however, action to further your personal brand does not require sacrificing evenings and weekends. In this webinar John Purkiss describes a model which relies on refining what you already do before, if you wish, evaluating whether you need to be more proactive.
In this webinar we address:
- How to ensure your CV is distinctive and aligned with your brand
- How to use personal stories to communicate key points
- An exercise to ensure your day-to-day behaviour is helping and undermining your brand
- how presence – which you can work to develop – is more important than “charisma"
- A checklist for online brand health.
- When and why you should invest in your personal branding (eg set up a personal website for instance)
- A straightforward roadmap for extending and communicating your brand through traditional and social media
We will also discuss:
- The importance of "findability"
- The power and risks of cooperation and co-branding.
- Some ideas for making new authentic personal connections
This webinar is the second of two by John Purkiss on personal branding (details of the first are here). You can attend both at a discount by choosing the joint ticket option above.
What you get
Participants will receive:
- Access to the webinar including live Q and A with John
- Video recording for download after the event
- Audio podcast (for Iphone /Android/ MP3 player) for download
- Access to bonus materials including:
- Presentation slides
- Personal branding workbook
- Resource pack
PLUS – Bonus 75m recording of John’s webinar on How to be Headhunted in a LinkedIn World
This webinar has is a co-production by INSEAD Alumni Careers Services and Sensible Media Ltd. We are delighted additionally to offer alumni of the following schools discounted (50% off) access:
- London Business School
- Henley Business School
- Imperial College
- IE Business School
- ESCP Europe Business School
- Manchester Business School
This webinar is offered on a refund-on-demand basis (if you don't like if for any reason we refund your ticket). To request a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org either before or after the webinar.
John is a headhunter and co-author of How to be Headhunted and Brand You.
He studied economics at Cambridge University and has an MBA from INSEAD, where he was awarded the Henry Ford II Prize. He began his career in banking and management consultancy, and was a partner with Heidrick & Struggles.
John is now Head of Leadership Practice at Veni Partners, recruiting CEOs, finance directors, chair(wo)men and non-executive directors. John has lived and worked in France, Belgium and the USA and speaks French, German and Spanish.
Sensible Media Ltd
Sensible Media publishes online career guidance for business schools around the world. You can find out more here.