Guilty Pleasures returns this month with a musical cake club held in its new home Liverpool.
- The theme for July is "Indulgence". This is just for fun and as far as I am concerned most cake is indulging!
- There are no rules, you can bake whatever you like, sweet or savoury.
- Each baker is allowed one non-baking guest.
- Numbers are strictly limited to 25.
- Everybody must get a ticket which are only £2 and this will make a contribution to Tea/Coffee fund.
- You are welcome to bring alcohol if you fancy a beer with your cake!
We welcome to this special event Austrailia Singer Songwriter, Grim Fawkner. Who will be providing the musical entertainment.
Grim Fawkner is an itinerant minstrel, whose acoustic works range from upbeat folk/country, to soulful balladry, with elements of blues, pop & indie thrown in.
He is a self taught guitarist and vocalist, has been self-managed and performing for 4 years and has toured extensively across Australia & NZ and he is currently on tour in the UK for 6 months.
Grim Fawkner's music is fresh and unique enough to set it apart, yet with enough pop sensibility that it is accessible by all music appreciators.
It is his high intensity and passion for performing live though that keeps him in the minds of all who see him play.
Your £2 donation is for hot refreshments, you will be asked for donations on the day all of which goes to the artist. Please also bring some extra money just in case you wish to purchase a CD.
When & Where
Guilty Pleasures Cake Club
If you love cake and music then this is the club for you.
We are Liverpool based and we meet on the first weekend of every month either the Saturday or Sunday PM. Each month will most likely be a different venue.
We ask for a small contribution each month (price differs depending on whether you are baking or not). All proceeds go to our monthly musical act.
This is a club where you CAN have your cake and eat it!