Key Account Management Training
In this workshop you will develop KAM skills - learning how to effectively manage your most valuable existing and prospective accounts.
- How to evaluate the fundamental attributes of a key account
- Assign a tangible value to any account
- Define roles and responsibilities of key account managers
- Evaluate a client business environmental analysis
- Assess client organisational culture and its fit with your organisation.
- Research clients financial performance and future business objectives
- Create a client SWOT analysis
- Develop a ‘Competitor Matrix’
- Pareto analysis of accounts
- Create a contract matrix and ensure all team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Establish a buying needs matrix
- Motivational theory and its relevance to maintaining good client relationships
- Understand buyer motivation and how you can influence it
- How to effectively network the account
- Maintain team focus whilst meeting account objectives
- Influence and authority – it’s impact on account activity.
- Build barriers to competitive attack
- Understand the importance of product development within a key account
- Build a robust and implementable ten point client plan
Who should attend?
This course is intended for anyone who wishes to develop their skills in leading and managing successful key account teams – both client and supplier side. Previous attendees who have found the course of value include, Directors, Owners, Marketing Managers, Sales Staff, Key Account Team members.
This workshop aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to identify and grow key accounts by actively practicing key account principles. Delegates would need to have a target account in mind to be able to work through the exercises and ultimately build their ten point plan.