Actions and Detail Panel
Key Stage 3: Teacher Insight Visit to Food Innovation Centre - Loughry Camp...
Mon 27 March 2017, 10:00 – 15:00 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Key Stage 3: Teacher Insight Visit to Food Innovation Centre at Loughry Campus, Cookstown
Key Stage 3 teachers are invited to attend one full day session on Monday 27th March 2017 for a Teacher Insight Visit.
This session is open to Key Stage 3 teachers in the following subject areas: Careers, Science, Business Studies and HE.
One teacher per subject area from your school is invited to attend.
Purpose of the Session
- To give teachers a valuable insight into Northern Ireland’s agri-food sector, ranked in the top 3 STEM industries for future careers and opportunities;
- As Science, Home Economics and Business Studies are key entry subjects onto Loughry’s food courses, the visit will be of particular interest to Careers, Science, Business Studies and HE teachers;
- To cover academic and career paths in Food Science & Technology, Food Design & Nutrition and Food Business Management;
- The visit will cover specific areas such as new product development, food manufacture & processing, packing technology and supply chain management;
- Tours and demonstrations within a pilot-scale food environment including food micro and chemistry laboratories, a bakery, a meat processing unit and a sensory suite will be part of the visit; and
- Information on food-related courses, syllabus support for schools and career opportunities within the agri-food industry will be provided throughout the day.
Book a Place
One teacher per subject area is invited to attend this session. The visit will be from 10.00 am – 3.00 pm.
Registration for this event is now open and will close 7 days prior to this event.
Places are limited for this event and will be allocated on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Please note if more than one teacher wishes to attend each teacher must register separately.
If a place is not available please email email@example.com with your name, school, DENI/centre number to add your name to a reserve list.
Please note that teacher release of one full day per teacher is available to allow for time to travel to the venue. The code will be given on confirmation of a place at this event.
If you have any queries regarding booking onto this session, please contact Aileen Harris on 028 9026 1200 ext 2715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding the content of the session, please do not hesitate to contact Kathryn Gilbert on 07887 927706.