Low Carbon South West, Bath & North East Somerset Council and the Centre for Sustainable Energy invite you to a tour of the new Keynsham Civic Centre on Friday 13th March 2015
Keynsham Civic Centre, which incorporates Bath & North East Somerset Council’s offices, is amongst the most energy-efficient office developments in the country with one of the largest council-owned solar panel systems in the UK.
This will be a free breakfast event where you will be able to:
- Learn about the sustainability features of the development, its low carbon design and the measures installed to reduce the energy consumption of the building.
- Have an exclusive insider's view via an informative building tour.
- Hear about the Energy at Home scheme which is increasing demand for retrofit and renewables from residents in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
- Receive details of heavily subsidised training opportunities for local businesses, tradespeople and apprentices to become Green Deal accredited and to attend courses on sustainable construction, renewables and retrofitting.
- Enjoy a breakfast of danish pastries, tea & coffee with the opportunity to network with other businesses and industry professionals.
To book a place on this event, please click 'Register' above and fill in your details or call us on 0117 945 8730.
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at anyone working in construction associated industries interested in the design and sustainability features of the new Keynsham Civic Centre. Also for tradespeople and businesses interested in finding out more about the subsidised courses offered through the Energy at Home Trade Support scheme.
Travelling to the Keynsham Civic Centre
The address of the Keynsham Civic Centre is as follows: One Stop Shop, Keynsham Civic Centre, Market Walk, Keynsham, BS31 1FS
It is located on the High Street, please click here for a map. Once at the Keynsham Civic Centre, please enter the building named One Stop Shop. Please walk through the library and proceed up the stairs at the back. At the top of the stairs, turn right and the Community Space is located ahead of you. Look out for the Low Carbon South West banner.
By Rail: There is a regular train service from Bristol Temple Meads and Bath Spa to Keynsham station. The Keynsham Civic Centre is a short walk from Keynsham railway station. Click here for National Rail Enquiries.
By Car: The nearest car park is the Civic Centre car park. Labbotts car park (free parking for 2 hours) and Ashton Way car park are also located very close to the Civic Centre. Click here for a map of Keynsham car parks.
We look forward to seeing you there!