Actions and Detail Panel
Keys to the Successful Operation of Historic Buildings
Wed 3 May 2017, 08:30 – 17:30 BST
The CIOB in collaboration with the National Trust and Somerset House are delighted to present this one day event focusing on the key tools to ensure the successful operation of historic buildings.
The day will include presentations, interactive case studies and real-life examples of where innovative and effective methods have been used to maintain and restore existing buildings.
By providing an overview of the materials and methods required for high quality retrofit and using real life case studies, the event will provide a forum to discuss conservation principles and provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the issues facing professionals in the sector.
Morning Session - Chaired by Rebecca Thompson CIOB Trustee and President Elect
- Introduction & Scene Setting - Minister for Culture , Media and Affairs
- The Critical Importance of Heritage Certification - Rebecca Thompson
- Understanding the Asset - Surveys
- Correct Specifications
- The need for Maintanance
- BIM - Whole life Costing & Facilities Asset Management
- Retrofit Technology
- The Clandon Fire Experience
- Legislation Surgery - Myth Busting
- The place for Sustainability
- Adaptation and Inclusive Design
Afternoon Session Chair - Chris Blythe CIOB CEO
- Heritage Certification - The Importance of Training and Development
- Good Maintenance - A German Approach
- Facilities Management - Operational Technologies
- Case Studies to demonstrate - The Importance of Understanding Maintenance and Operation costs prior to development
The day will conclude with a networking session and drinks reception.
View the full agenda here
Please note: in 2016 this event was oversubscribed, so we encourage you to book early.
We look forward to welcoming you to Somerset House for an informative and interactive day.
This event is brought to you by The Chartered Institute of Building, National Trust and Somerset House.
Thank you to our sponsors Coniston and Kier Workplace Services.
Exhibitors include Kingspan Klargester, Hydramist, Oricalcum, European Lamp Group, Monodraught, Ty-Mawr Lime, MODIFY, Fit for the Future, Institute of Historic Building Conservation, Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.