Have you acquired an instrument and set out on the rewarding journey of learning to play, only to stall? Kick Start is a short woodwind course which aims to provide the assistance and inspiration to help adult learners move forward again.
If any – or all – of the following apply to you, then consider signing up for Kick Start:
- I’m struggling to produce an attractive or consistent sound
- I’m not very confident about reading music
- I’d like to start playing again but feel I’ve forgotten everything and would appreciate some enjoyable and supportive input to jolt me back into action.
The course involves four 2-hour Wednesday evening group tuition sessions, from 7:15 - 9:15pm on 14, 21, 28 September and 5th October, plus a single attendance at any easy-level Blow & Blast ensemble workshop to round off the experience.
The course covers:
- Tone production and basic technique
- Elementary theory and musicianship
- Introduction to playing in a small ensemble
The first hour of each session will overlap with a corresponding clarinet/saxophone course, allowing the two groups to work together, consolidating their skills while playing in a basic-level mixed ensemble – this part of the session is fun and extremely motivating! It also acts as a preparation for attending your first real Blow & Blast woodwind workshop.
Many so-called ‘easy’ courses end up catering for those who are already well underway. Kick Start aims to include plenty of consolidation at a basic level, to help very-early-stage players to progress with confidence.
Please note: this course is for adult learners only.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you would like to know more or have any specific questions, please just email us at: email@example.com