World-renowned Reality-Based Personal Protection Knife Survival course:
The knife is one of the most common weapons used in crime (particularly in the UK). Yet attacks are not just with knives, but with a wide variety of edged weapons: screw driver, syringe, broken bottle, a shard of glass, a shank, and anything else that can cut or stab. Knowing how to survive these gruesome tools is imprtant, and could save your life.
Right from the start you will see full-speed, full-contact, unpredictable criminal style knife attack demonstrations. Most participants with previous martial arts training will find that everything that they learned about knife defense will not work.
So, you will learn, by doing:
- the Knife Avoidance drills that will immediately increase your survivability by 50%. You’ll then get a taste of the all important 21 feet / 7 meter Rule.
- Self Triage and First Aid when it comes to knife wounds so that you can get an idea of your likely injuries should the real thing happen and how to buy yourself time until Emergency Services arrive. You will receive a brief lecture on the Medical Implications of Knife Injuries.
- Mental Preparation is extremely important, along with the physical techniques and conflict drills, as knife attacks are scary events.
- learn about the Weapon Deployment Cycle as well as Edged Weapons grips and the Knife Conflict Stance.
- You will learn the Primary Knife Strike Directions, as in the world of knife fighting there are only 10 angles in which to stab or cut someone. You will then learn how combine directions and the 10 primary Knife Blocks against an incoming blade.
- You will get a chance at using Improvised Edged Weapons in a controlled training environment.
- You will learn a few fakes, in the event that you are up against someone equal or better than you with a knife.
- Now that you know how to strike, block, and move it all comes together in four Knife Conflict Drills. The final drill, the Freestyle Drill, is as close as you will ever come to a real knife fight, minus real knives. It is the final goal of the course – no rules, just like real life. However, we still maintain the utmost in safety.
- One day your attacker may attack you in a confined space, such as in your home, in an elevator, or up against your car. In these cases, you will learn how to use the simple Jim Wagner Knife Disarm Rule.
- Probably one of the worse situations in the world is being on the ground with someone on top of you with a knife. You are going to take some of the earlier skills you learned in the course, combine it with the Jim Wagner Knife Disarm Rule, and learn to get out of the kill zone. This not so pleasant drill is called the Freestyle Ground Drill.
- The final two techniques of the course deal with Hostage Situations at Knife Point.
Whether you are a beginner or a black belt you will find a lot to learn. This is NOT your ordinary martial arts type knife defence. With all of these techniques you will learn legal issues as relevant to the UK, whilst also using the Jim Wagner Use-of-Force Graph.
BE A HARD TARGET.
NOTE: please familiarize yourself with the official Jim Wagner website and read the relevant material that pertains to this course on http://www.jimwagnerrealitybased.com/coursesdescription.html