Knowledge Transfer Partnerships as a business culture change tool
Presented by: Katie Hornby, Knowledge Exchange and Business Development Manager, Research and Innovation
Bill Acharjee, Project Support Officer, Research and Innovation
This session aims to explore:
- What is a knowledge transfer partnership (KTP)
- Benefits to academic staff of supervising a KTP
- How we manage KTPs at Southampton Solent University - from application to implementation
- KTPs as an business innovation culture change tool
- Case study examples of previous KTPs
- KTPs as a route to impact
The main objectives of the session are:
- To inform academic and management staff about the structure and benefits of KTPs
- To explain how KTPs are a route to research impact
- To motivate academic staff to consider offering their research. and innovation time to undertake a KTP.
- To recruit permanent academic staff to be available and motivated to supervise KTPs.
- To generate possible leads for business interactions.