Actions and Detail Panel
Kristin Skinner - Design Your Design Organisation for Maximum Impact
Wed 19 April 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Presenting a UX in the City Oxford pre-conference workshop
As the move to establish in-house design teams accelerates, there’s very little common wisdom on what makes for a successful design organisation. Books and presentations focus on process, methods, tools and outcomes, leaving a knowledge gap when it comes to organisational and operational matters. Yet those issues often have more impact on designer happiness and design team success. In this session, Kristin Skinner will shine a light on the unsung activities of actually running a design team, exploring what works and what doesn’t.
- how a service design mindset shifts standard organisational approaches
- organisational models for design teams, from centralised to decentralised and our preferred hybrid model: the centralised partnership
- the 5 stages of design organisational evolution, from the initial pair to a team of 60 and beyond
- the 12 qualities of effective design organisations
What you'll learn:
- a new hybrid org model that combines the best of centralised and decentralised approaches
- a new and complete taxonomy of design roles for digital design teams to get past the word salad of design job titles
You'll also explore the first framework for thinking of the evolution of a design organisation and learn the changes and roles as it passes through each stage.
This workshop is for managers, directors, VPs, leads and principals. Prerequisite knowledge: a general understanding of organisational and managerial matters for design teams.
09:00 - 09:30 Registration
10:30 - 11:00 Morning Break
12:30 - 13:15 Lunch Break
14:30 - 15:00 Afternoon Break
16:30 - 17:00 Finish and depart
We release tickets in small batches and ticket prices will increase as the event approaches.
The Early bird ticket is the cheapest available ticket for this event. Once these tickets have ended please contact us for group booking discounts (3+ people).
Other promotional codes will be available through event supporters and local user groups. Please check your user group web page or contact your user group organiser and ask them to support the event.
For more information
For more information please follow @uxcityox on Twitter or contact Software Acumen - the event organisers.
Software Acumen is a registered trademark of Software Acumen Ltd.