KVA runs a monthly trustee network on different topics. This is a space for trustees to meet and hear about key issues and network with their peers.
This session will be led by Patricia Turner, KVA Health and Social Care Manager, focusing on safeguarding – ‘what you need to know as a trustee’
Organisations that work with children and vulnerable adults must have appropriate safeguarding policies and procedures in place. The session will cover:
- What steps organisations must take to protect children and vulnerable adults,
- Who is a vulnerable adult?
- What training is available locally?
- What levels of training do staff need?
- Using online tools to support safeguarding