The session will be unique to Bow Arts as we will be merging two of our most popular workshops using recycled and re-purposed materials.
THE WORKSHOP INVOLVES:
- Introduction to macramé
- Experimental macramé techniques
- Transforming unusual and recycled materials
- Bonding & Fusing
- Material manipulation
- Exploring surface, structure, pattern and colour
We hope that other artists and designers would be inspired to work with sustainable and recycled materials as a result of the session. We also hope they would be introduced to using unusual materials which they had not previously considered as a medium.
- To encourage artists and designers to work with sustainable materials
- To explore surface, materials, colour, process, composition, construction, texture and scale.
- To experiment with unfamiliar processes and materials
- To inform artists and designers about our unique approach to design which influences our fashion and textile outcomes and how this can be applied to their own practice.
- To bring together a diverse range of creatives and encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration
- The artists will complete the workshop with a series of experimental samples, which can be used to inspire further developments within their own practice.
- By the end of the session the artists will have acquired new skills relating to constructed textiles and ways of working with materials.
- Gained a greater understanding of how textile design can influence other discipline.
There will be a short break in this session to have a snack, please bring something with you.
If you have any access needs, please feel free to call the Bow Arts office to discuss your requirements.
If you are a Bow Artist and booking a discounted ticket, please bring your pink Bow Arts card with you when attending. You know you are a Bow Artist if you have a pink card – please call the office with any questions