Actions and Detail Panel
'lab live: reality' in partnership with Rolls-Royce
Mon 1 May 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
The Institute of Imagination presents ‘lab live: reality’ in partnership with Rolls-Royce.
Experience the latest virtual and augmented reality technology, meet a supersonic car, explore the aerodynamics of materials and learn how to design 3D objects.
The Institute of Imagination continues its programme of events with ‘lab live: reality’ in partnership with Rolls-Royce. Join us for a fantastic day of activities, brought to you with a range of 25 supporting partners and makers, where participants can explore what ‘reality’ means through design, mechanics, engineering and futuristic exploration.
- Be amazed at a model of the fantastic Bloodhound SSC (Super Sonic Car) – one of the fastest cars on earth! Brought to you by the team at Rolls-Royce, visitors have the chance to build their own models in the ‘connect challenge’.
- Experiment with drones and explore aerodynamics using the iOi’s wind tunnel to test fly your own creations.
- Get creative using 3D computer aided design and then see how your designs can be manufactured with My Mini Factory.
- Experience augmented and virtual reality with Neutral Digital, through a Microsoft HoloLens which allows you to interact with holograms around you.
- Immerse yourself in new worlds with Google’s Expeditions programme. Explore the surface of Mars, visit the International Space Station or submerge yourself in the beautiful underworld of coral reefs.
See a full list of partners and activities on the day here.
Ideal for children aged 6-14, participants will find a huge range of activities and workshops on offer to fire up everyone’s imagination. We look forward to seeing you there.
Book your tickets now to avoid disappointment.
These are ticketed events with limited availability. Please note that tickets will need to be booked for each participant, both adults and children and all children will need to be accompanied by an adult (we recommend a ratio of one adult to three children). Workshops are designed for children and their parents/carers to explore together and we encourage all visitors to participate.
There are some food and drink stalls where visitors can purchase refreshments, or you are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat in the dedicated sit down area.
By booking a ticket to attend this event you agree to our Terms and Conditions and you will be automatically added to our mailing list which will keep you up to date with future family events (we will not use your details for any other purposes). If you would prefer not to be added then please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds can be requested up to 48 hours in advance of your booking.