Actions and Detail Panel
Wed 19 April 2017, 08:00 – 11:30 BST
It doesn’t get the attention of its neighbours in Manchester and Liverpool but Lancashire is quickly putting the power into powerhouse.
The Red Rose county has become a conveyor belt of good news stories ranging from securing one of the best Growth Deal allocations in the country; having four Enterprise Zones; having a flourishing manufacturing sector; and an emerging Combined Authority.
Lancashire is working hard to raise its national and international credentials, evidenced by exhibiting at MIPIM for the first time and having the largest ever presence at the Farnborough Airshow.
As part of the St George’s Day Charity Festival, which is now in its ninth year, the UK’s newest tech magazine BusinessCloud will be hosting a half-day conference to look at the county’s growing reputation and its role in the wider Northern Powerhouse.
Award-winning journalist Chris Maguire will quiz a number of the biggest names in Lancashire business and uncover the secrets of their success.
With Article 50 set to be triggered by March the countdown to the UK’s exit from the EU is imminent but what will it mean to the county’s exporters? Lancashire has a global reputation for manufacturing but how important is the digital tech sector to the region?
These are just some of the questions that will be answered at the conference, which will hear from some of the county’s leading manufacturers and fast-growing technology companies.
It will also look at the importance of the City Deal to the region and explore what needs to happen in terms of job creation and development to fuel Lancashire’s growth and attract investment.
Speakers to include:
- David Haythornthwaite, chairman, Tangerine Group
- Jeremy Lefton, managing director, Roundhouse Properties
- Stephen Johnson, ROQ
- Matthew Hirst, CEO, Utiligroup
- Mark Woodward, CEO, Printed Cup Company
- Paul Bailey, managing director, Optimum Rx Group
- Luke Massie, managing director, Vibe Tickets
- David Jones, managing director, VEKA UK
- Kate Willard, head of corporate projects, Stobart Group / chair of Atlantic Gateway; chair of Liverpool City Region’s digital and creative board / vice chair of Liverpool City Region Superport
- Stewart Townsend, managing director, Digital Lancashire
- Claire Fryer, managing director, Mosaic Care Group
- Keith Edwards, managing director, TES Radio
- Daniel Halenko, CEO, Bellit Security Group
- William Fletcher, managing director, Recycling Lives
- More speakers to follow