Landlord and Letting Agent Training
Delivered by the Enforcement and HMO Licensing team of Cambridge City Council, this one day course will involve workshops delivering a comprehensive understanding of the legislation and technical aspects of managing a property. The course is designed to ensure that you will be left with the knowledge to safely manage your property and will cover:
- Tenancy Management - An introduction to the legal requirements of tenancy agreements and the requirements for possession etc.
- Management Regulations - An overview of the requirements of landlord’s statutory requirements under the Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006, as well as Cambridge City Councils amenity standards.
- The Housing Health & Safety Rating System, (HHSRS) - An introduction and overview of the HHSRS and the 29 associated hazards; emphasis will be placed on the more often encountered deficiencies. Understanding the concept of Categories and how to mitigate Category 1 hazards in accordance with the requirements of the HHSRS Operating Guidance.
- HMO Licensing - The requirements of the HMO licensing scheme, applications, documentation etc.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
We are unable to provide parking on site. The closest car parks to our offices are:
- Grand Arcade, Corn Exchange Street, Cambridge CB2 3QF
- Queen Anne, Gonville Place, Cambridge CB1 1ND
Alternatively we have several Park & Ride sites around Cambridge:
- Babraham Road CB22 3AB
- Madingley Road CB3 0EX
- Milton CB24 6DQ
- Newmarket Road CB5 8AA
- Trumpington Road CB2 9FT
There are frequent bus services from all sites during the day; please see: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20149/park_and_ride for further information.
Please note all Park & Ride sites now charge £1 parking for the day.
There are cycle racks directly outside our offices on Regent Street. There is also additional cycle parking outside John Lewis on the corner of Downing Street/St Andrew's Street and a large covered cycle park at Grand Arcade (accessed via Corn Exchange Street).
Citi 1, 3, 7 and 8 all run from Cambridge Rail Station and pass our offices on Regent Street.
For further information please visit the County Council website at: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20017/buses.
Cambridge railway station is about a 15-20 minute walk from our offices. Alternatively several bus services run from the station; please see above for more details.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By phone: (01223) 457900.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. A person who is unable to attend may find someone else to substitute for them, but please be aware that no refund will be made to the original applicant.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes. You will need to bring your ticket with you in order to be accepted on to the course.
What is the refund policy?
No refunds will be given for cancellations made by the delegate within 14 days of the start of the course.
A full refund of the course booking fee will be given if the cancellation is made by Cambridge City Council.
When & Where
Mill Road Depot
Cambridge City Council
Cambridge City Council is a district council in the county of Cambridgeshire, based in the city of Cambridge. The council provides various facilities and services within the city. These include parks and open spaces, waste collection, council housing, local planning and training for businesses.