Actions and Detail Panel
Lantra Brushcutters & Trimmers
Thu, 20 Jul 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 21 Jul 2017, 16:00 BST
This course will teach you all you need to know about Brushcutters and Trimmers and will lead to a LANTRA certificate.
You will learn
- Maintenance and operation (engine, drive system gear head)
- Selecting, maintaining and fitting the appropriate cutting head
- Correct personal protective clothing
- Adjusting the machine and harness
- Inspecting the site and indentifying hazards
- Environmental considerations
- Fuelling and starting the machine
- Cutting test areas
- After care and safe transportation
Instructor’s Details - Willie Johnson has been training for over 25 years specialising in Health and Safety, pesticides, machinery and plant courses. He is involved in the development and auditing of skill based training for Lantra Awards. He is a national Proficiency Test Council assessor and has membership with IIRSM and Tech IOSH.
What to bring with you – Gloves, Steel toe-capped footwear, suitable protective clothing, ear defenders, hard hat with either a face shield or a mesh visor with safety glasses / goggles and 2 passport photographs for Lantra Certificate. Clean shoes for the classroom. If you have your own brushcutter you can bring it along with you.
Location - Kings Park Farm, Dumbarton Road, Stirling FK8 3AA. Follow this link for more details
Stirling is accessible via public transport and Kings Park Farm is a short 5 minute taxi from the Bus & Train Station.
Catering – Please bring a pack lunch
Cost - £220 plus vat and Eventbite fees
Terms & Conditions - The full fee is payable for cancellations within 7 days of event.