Charities: get free one to one ICT advice - on social media, cloud technologies, email marketing, finding an IT volunteer for your tech project and keeping your IT running safely - from our technology experts.
Lasa's third annual technology surgery brings together five eminent “surgeons” to give you exclusive one to one advice and information on a wide range of technology issues ranging from social media, cloud technologies, email marketing, servers and networks, and finding an IT volunteer for your tech project.
It's simple. We have 5 surgeons each offering four one to one workshops throughout the day. To book your place simply choose a surgery and select the ticket for your preferred time slot (A, B, C or D) from the choices available. Each surgery is an hour long.
You can book UP TO FOUR different surgeries. Note, the surgeries are intended for charities and non-profits not consultants or commercial companies, and places are reserved on a first come, first served basis. We reserve the right to refund bookings we judge to be inappropriate. Questions to Ian Runeckles at Lasa firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7426 4471.
1. Social media: If your organisation is thinking about using social media - like Facebook or Twitter for its communications or Flickr or YouTube for digital storytelling, book with Paul Webster of Learning Pool.
2. Moving to the cloud: If your organisation is thinking of moving its IT services (email, calendar, databases) to the cloud Third Sector IT's John Dray will be on hand to answer your questions.
3. Email marketing health-check: Marcus Appleton of Charity Technology Trust will give you a summary report outlining how email marketing can help you achieve your marketing and communication objectives, and a list of practical actions that you can take to significantly improve your email marketing results.
4. IT volunteer matching: If you are considering working with a volunteer to help with your tech project, Anne Stafford of IT4Communities will be on hand to help you find the right one, talk about the benefits and managing pitfalls.
5. Securing your data: Colin Cregan of Superhighways will be on hand to give advice on how to secure your organisation's precious data.
Also please note that although the sessions are free, a charge of £25 per session will be made for not turning up without letting us know by phone to 020 7426 4471 by 5pm on 8 June 2012.
And don't forget! Lasa has announced an exciting programme of online and offline events on topical technology issues facing the third sector. We're running events on mobile technologies and technology leadership, and webinars on social media, cloud technologies, e-safety and more. Find out more at: http://www.lasa.org.uk/ict/lasa-technology-events-and-conference-programme-2012/
A big thank you from Lasa to all of our dedicated surgeons for freely giving their time and to Charity Technology Trust for the kind loan of their meeting facilities to make our technology surgeries possible.
When & Where
Lasa helps thousands of third sector and government organisations across the UK to deliver efficient, high quality services. We are a charity which offers knowledge, support and resources. Contact us on 020 7426 4473 or email@example.com to find out how we can help you.
Find out more at www.lasa.org.uk