Laser trackers have become established as an essential measurement tool in aerospace, and they are now being used in an increasing variety of engineering sectors. The diversity of uses for trackers can make it difficult to ensure that measurements are always conducted using sound metrology principles and that trackers are used appropriately whether for component measurement, setup and checking operations, assembly tasks or other uses.
This one day event is aimed at laser tracker operators and other staff involved in the planning or delivery of coordinate measurement with laser trackers. It would also be useful to staff who need to understand or use datasets generated using laser tracker measurement. The course includes:
- The foundations that underpin good measurement practice
- Measurement planning - reference networks, datums, tracker tooling, line-of-sight constraints
- Environmental considerations and how to handle them, including an appreciation of measurement uncertainty
- Field checks, drift checks and monitoring the results
- Data collection strategies - number and distribution of measurement points, tooling offsets, and suitable analysis methods
- Measurement System Analysis - how to ensure that equipment and processes generate data that is consistent, robust and fit-for purpose
- Documentation - operator controls, work instructions, reporting, equipment maintenance and calibration records
The course is primarily classroom based, but includes practical exercises for participants to complete with a laser tracker. There are also workbook-based questions to complete, helping to embed learning and ensure that concepts are understood. The concepts are universal and the course is not tied to a specific software or hardware platform.
Our Training Facilities
Our training facilities are located at the National Composite Centre at the Bristol and Bath Science Park.
When & Where
INSPHERE Ltd are a specialist metrology service provider supporting manufacturing business with measurement and metrology challenges. Our services include:
- - 3D Dimensional Measurement Services
- - Metrology Training
- - SpatialAnalyzer Software Support
- - Metrology Consultancy
Our expertise is with using metrology to add value to manufacturing processes, maximising efficiency, reducing cost and improving product quality.