Actions and Detail Panel
Later Life Academy Benefits & Taxation Module Webinar
Wed, 1 Jun 2016, 09:00 – Thu, 30 Jun 2016, 23:30 BST
Benefits & Taxation Webinar
The 2 sections of this Induction Webinar will cover...
Benefits & Taxation
Understanding the State Benefits available to the over 55’s
- Welfare Reform Act Changes
- Types of Means Tested Benefits
o Pension Credit
o Appropriate Minimum Guarantee
o Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS)
- Using Benefit Entitlement Software
The taxation system and the elderly client
- Tax treatment of income in retirement inc. Pensions
- Tax treatment of Savings, Investments, Bonds, Trusts, Annuities
- Retirement Funding Options and impact on Tax
- Allowances & Tax Bands
- Capital Gains Tax & Inheritance Tax
- Sources of help
Once you have viewed the webinars you can select the exit test to be sent to you, once this is completed you will receive an automatic response advising if you have obtained the pass mark of 70%.
This webinar will provide you with 10 points towards graduating the Later Life Academy if you are a member.
The Later Life Academy points are only gained upon completion of an exit exam.
This webinar will also go towards structured CPD if you are a member of the Later Life Academy or not, and a certificate will be sent to confirm this.
For further details on the Later Life Academy then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01452 310777 Option 1.