Actions and Detail Panel
Law, Disciplinary and Grievance Training
Wed 3 May 2017, 09:30 – 13:30 BST
Law, Discipline and Grievance Training
Course type: Module
Duration: 4 hours
Light refreshments included
This highly informative training session provides managers with both the knowledge and confidence to deal effectively with investigation, disciplinary and grievance matters. Attendees will learn how to resolve low level conduct offences and nip grievances in the bud in order to avoid matters escalating. Learn how to tackle more serious disciplinary offences through formal disciplinary action, and how to handle grievances fairly and in line with current legislation.
With NHS budgets decreasing and workload increasing, stress in the workplace is on the increase. When our teams are feeling the pressure we inevitably see an increase in workplace conflict. Learn how to manage these situations from the moment they arise by attending the Law, Discipline and Grievance Training module.
Using case studies, scenarios and interactive videos the training session works through real life examples and relates back to case law. This session is a good refresher for those who are responsible in their business for managing disciplinary processes. Those new to line management will benefit from this module, gaining the knowledge and confidence to tackle issues when they arise.
• Become familiar with and full understand your company disciplinary and grievance process
• Which legislative acts apply to the disciplinary process
• The consequences of getting it wrong – what can it cost your business?
• Gain understanding of when to invoke informal or formal action
• The suspension – exploring the alternatives and how to suspend an employee
• How to conduct an investigation meeting
• Collecting witness statements - Why, how and who
• Develop knowledge of how to effectively chair a formal disciplinary hearing
• Discuss practical issues that might arise and how to manage them
• How to handle companions or representatives at the meeting
• Tackling grievances – step by step guide to investigating and resolving
• How to avoid tribunal claims
But don't just take our word for it....
Practice Manager, Leeds
“Really enjoy training with Caroline. She makes it easy to understand and gives us ways to remember what we have learnt.”
Service Manager, Yorkshire
“Enjoyed learning new techniques to help when preparing for investigation meetings.”
Practice Manager, Reading
“I don't have to conduct many investigations or disciplinary hearings but now I've had the training I think that maybe I should have been investigating more issues! Perhaps I've just been putting them off as I didn't know what to do about it or how to handle them. I've learnt new skills feel more confident now! Thank you Caroline!”
Director of Operations, Nationwide
“Very good session, really interactive!”
Regional Business Manager, Leeds
“Excellent session. Better than previous courses I've attended on the same subject.”
For more information visit our website at www.oneworkforce.co.uk
Please note that the ticket price is £149. A VAT service charge is added by Eventbrite.