L.E.A.D. RQT MET Programme Overview
The L.E.A.D. RQT (recently qualified teacher) MET (Mastering Excellence in Teaching) Programme aims to provide high-quality support and development for teachers who have completed their NQT year. This will be achieved through an inspiring approach, which is facilitated by Assistant Head Teachers and Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs) within L.E.A.D. Teaching School Alliance. The course embodies four core principles at the heart of the Trust: strong leadership at every level; empowering every child to aim high; giving every child the opportunity to achieve and constantly driving for improvement. It is rooted in a drive to develop outstanding practitioners for the benefit of children in the urban context. In addition, the programme aims to continue to embed a commitment to CPD in RQTs, promoting the ethos of responsibility for their own development. The programme was extremely successful in 2015-16, with 100% of delegates giving positive feedback:
A well designed course which has improved all areas of my teaching and has inspired me to try new and innovative teaching techniques!
The programme will help RQTs to develop their skills in teaching to move towards outstanding classroom practice and
- to consider strategies for teaching and learning that lead to excellent outcomes for children;
- to create an inclusive classroom environment where every child succeeds;
- to take the first steps into leadership;
- to consider their own wellbeing as a priority.
- Nine twilight sessions 4pm- 6pm across four L.E.A.D. TSA schools
- Independent project, between face-to-face SLT sessions, aimed at identifying and further developing good practice
Course Leaders – Clare Pedlar (L.E.A.D. TSA Associate), Becky Riley (L.E.A.D. TSA Associate) and leading teachers across the Alliance.
Dates: Wednesday 5th October 2016
Wednesday 16th November 2016
Wednesday 7th December 2016
Wednesday 4th January 2017
Wednesday 1st February 2017
Wednesday 29th March 2017
Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Wednesday 7th June 2017
Wednesday 19th July 2017
Free for L.E.A.D. TSA members
£495 for non-TSA members (£395 additional place)