Actions and Detail Panel
Leadership Development Day
Tue 23 May 2017, 08:30 – 17:00 BST
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT DAY, at Lucknam Park, near Bath
Who this development day is for?
This Leadership Development Day is ideal for people currently in leadership or managerial roles who would like to, or need to, further increase their self-insight and self-awareness and further enhance their knowledge of, and skills in, leadership - leadership that is so crucial for the success of today's organisations.
- Are you manager or leader in your organisation? This interactive, intensive blended-learning Leadership Development Day for leaders and managers focuses on enhancing effectiveness and impact of your leadership. You will zoom in on the psychology of leadership and how leadership interacts with personality, attitudes, values and context.
- On the day, you will be equipped with insights and key psychological techniques, addressing Leadership Style, Psychology of Conflict Management, Motivation and Emotional Intelligence.
- You will also be provided with an individual personal report on your Leadership effectiveness and style and benefit from an in-depth one-on-one confidential feedback discussion in a private setting in addition to the Leadership Development Day.
What you will gain from the Leadership Development Day?
> You will gain:
- Increased understanding of leadership. You will gain insight into the psychology of leadership and how leadership interacts with personality, attitudes, values and culture.
- Better understanding of your own leadership: you will get a high-quality, confidential, personalized, professional report on your own leadership style, leadership effectiveness and your personality. You will have a grasp of the key competencies that determine leadership success.
- You will receive a personal one-to-one developmental feedback discussion with an experienced psychologist following the Leadership Development Day.
- Expertise shared by guest speaker Jon Cowell, CEO of leadership consultancy Edgecumbe Consulting Group and Associate Fellow at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School.
- Real-world insights on leadership on the front-line, by Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Flay, of The Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment who has recently retired from the British Army.
- Insights and experiences shared by the other delegates on the day, plus valuable, quality networking with this group.
- Developing your leadership on the day itself, and through the personal written report and an intensive one-to-one feedback discussion with a business psychologist who has assessed, developed and coached hundreds of leaders.
You will gain new ideas, understanding and resolve, that you will want to put into practice and capitalize on in your own leadership role and continued career.
- The psychology of leadership; what is an Effective Leader?
- The notion of the incomplete leader.
- Performance management - new developments and changing insights
- Unconscious bias, assumptions, stereotypes, identity and reputation - and how to manage these
- Conflict management; how to increase effectiveness managing conflicts
- The weight of managing relationships
- The relevance of Emotional Intelligence for effective leadership
- How to take forward the key ‘take-aways’ and learning on the day
- Leadership in a changing world
- Guest speaker: Jon Cowell. Jon is CEO of Edgecumbe Consulting Group and an Associate Fellow at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, where he teaches on the subject of leadership on several of the school’s flagship programmes including the MBA and the Oxford Advanced Management and Leadership Programme. Jon’s session will include recent research into the role of interpersonal capabilities in enabling strategic adaptation in organisations and insights into the interplay between leader personality, behaviour and culture.
- Second guest speaker: Andrew Flay. Andy has considerable experience managing large multi-disciplined high performance teams delivering critical capabilities in challenging operational environments. Andy will draw upon his 21 years of experience within the British Army where he has led, mentored and coached soldiers under extremely testing conditions both on operations and in training.
- Discussion with the group. You will gain some highly informative insights and perspectives from other people with leadership responsibilities and may even be able to call upon the other delegates to compare notes on the insights you will have gained from the individual Leadership Effectiveness and Personality Report that we will discuss with you on a one-to-one basis. Delegates invariably find this an invaluable aspect of leadership development and we encourage this.
> Booking details
The Leadership Development Day has a maximum number of 12 delegates.
The Day includes hot beverages throughout the day plus a high-quality luncheon.
Besides easy booking on Eventbrite, you may book onto this Day by invoice. Just send to us at People Business Psychology Ltd. (see Organiser details), by email, your full name and contact details; please indicate that you wish us to invoice you.
Bookings are non-refundable, but can be transferred to an alternative delegate name where required. Where any two delegates from one organisation book onto the Development Day, a 5% discount will apply to both delegates' booking charges.
When payment has been received in full, or receipt of a formal booking request or purchase order has been confirned by us, the (named or unnamed individuals’) place on the day will be confirmed by us.
When booking, please advise of any dietary, access or other requirements or needs, which we and the venue will do our utmost to accommodate.
Price per delegate of Leadership Development Day (plus Personal report and In-depth Personal and Confidential Feedback discussion): £387 exclusive of VAT plus any credit card processing fee. A receipt will be provided.
> Where and when
This Leadership Development Day is held in the most magnificent of settings, at what has been described as “elegant, refined, welcoming, and charming in every way” - the award-winning venue of Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa, in Colerne, situated between Bath and Chippenham, Wiltshire - postcode: SN14 8AZ.
The maximum number of delegates for this leadership development workshop is 12, to maximize the value to be gained by the delegates during the day through intensive learning and valuable networking.
This Leadership Development Day will be held on Tuesday 23 May 2017. Delegates will be welcomed from 08.30 hrs. for programme to start at 09.30 hrs. The Day will close at 17.00 hrs.
See further details of the day under Programme above.
The Day’s programme will be held in a comfortable, light, airy room with attractive views. Lunch will be enjoyed in the modern Brasserie, separate from the main room for the day.
> About People Business Psychology Ltd.
People Business Psychology Ltd. is a niche business-psychology consultancy established in 2012 and based in the county of Wiltshire, UK. Our people are highly skilled and experienced occupational, chartered and business psychologists, each with great passion, expertise and insights gained over decades of working across all continents with well-known global corporate companies, as well as many SMEs more locally and individuals.
Spanning expereince of some 19 years, our founder Jan de Jonge has coached, assessed and developed managers, leaders and other professionals from a wide variety of sectors, countries and cultures, with individuals ranging from Board members, Directors and C-suite members of well-known global organisations and companies to smaller SMEs - from such industries as intercontinental airlines, FMCGs, medical/pharmaceutical companies, to educational, banking & global financial services, heathcare and legal sector professionals and (national/local) goverment agencies.
We combine professionalism with evidence-based rigour and cherish our long-term relationships with clients.
Our number-one company value is to work with and uphold integrity above anything else, and we follow stringent professional guidelines and Codes of Conduct as set out by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Association for Business Psychology (ABP).
If you have any questions, queries or enquiries, please feel free to give us a call on (+44)(0)2034 783 253.
We strictly adhere to data protection legislation, and will not spam, rent or sell your information. All your information is treated with the highest levels of confidentiality and we invest in keeping your online and offline information safe, including protection from unintended use by third parties.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The venue has ample parking. Contcat us if you needs asistance with mobility or have any other needs concerning transport, access to the venue itself or otherwise. We will do our utmost to accommodate your needs and requirements.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please call us on telephone number: (+44) (0) 2034 783 253) - or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
If the delegate name who was registered is unable to attend the event for any reason, this person may substitute, by arrangement with People Business Psychology Ltd., someone else from the same organisation. This agreement must be made prior to 23 May 2017. If the delegate is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person, then the following refund arrangements apply: Registrations cancelled more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 100% of the booking fee. Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event, and non-attendance for other reasons, will not be eligible for a refund or a deferment of provision of services.
Is it OK if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Please contact us in case the name of the delegate who will be attending is different from initially planned.