San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Leadership in the Voluntary and Community Sector
This training will be held on Monday 14 November, to start promptly at 9.30 finishing at 4.00, at the Ripple Centre.
‘Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things’ Peter Drucker
This training will look at the leadership in the voluntary and community sector, it will give participants the opportunity to look at leadership styles and techniques and reflect on their own personal approaches, supporting their leadership journeys for the future.
You are eligible to attend if:
Your organisation has an annual of £10,000 or more
- You are a leader (either staff or board / management committee members) of a charity, community group or social enterprise that provides services and activities in Barking and Dagenham
Increased awareness of the difference between leadership and management
- Improved understanding of existing leadership style and areas for development
- Exploration of practical models and leadership approaches
- Explore what makes an inspirational leader
- Gain a practical understanding of child centred leadership
Participants on this course will be eligible to attend a series of three leadership coaching sessions with an experienced coach, to further support their development
‘Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.‘ Margaret Mead
Leadership Coaching sets
‘Coaching is the art of facilitating the development, learning and performance, supporting people to develop their capabilities and maximize their potential’
Group coaching provides an opportunity to explore the current challenges and opportunities for leaders in the voluntary sector, discuss and reflect on leadership styles and tools. Coaching works from the perspective of developing ideas, skills and solutions
- Improved understanding of existing leadership style
- Exploration of various theories around leadership
- Examination of leadership approaches with teams
- Consideration of the current operating environment for leadership in own organisation
The coaching sets will take place on:
Dates: Fridays, 2 December, 6 January, 3 February
Times: 10.00 to 1.00
Venue: The Ripple Centre
The session will be structured around the following themes:
- Leading Others
- Leadership in a complex environment
Each session will explore key issues for the group and use a range of tools and techniques to address key challenges and build your skills as a leader.
Details of how participants will be able to access the coaching sets will be available on the day.
The trainer for the training and coaching sets will be RoseDe Paeztron from Children England
Terms and conditions - the small print
- We will make an administration charge of £50 when participants do not attend this event.
- We will not make this charge where participants give us four working days’ notice of cancellation.
- If you send a substitute from your organisation the administration charge will not apply. Please let us know the name and contact details (email and phone) of your substitute.
- We reserve the right not to admit participants who turn up more than 30 minutes late unless we are given advance notice. We will make an administration charge when participants are refused admittance.
For further information please contact Chris: email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 020 8532 7328
Save This Event
When & Where
Barking & Dagenham Council for Voluntary Service
We aim to increase access to high quality training for Voluntary and Community Organisations and Social Enterprises providing services for the public benefit of residents in Barking and Dagenham.
For more information, please visit: