This is a 3 day course - Course Dates are: 18 May, 25 May and 31 May
This course is a must for for alll who are either doing the following jobs or are working to gain promotion:
Anyone who has or who aspires to have responsibility for others.
This course will equip you with the skills to strengthen your management and leadership on a day to day basis and make a genuine difference both to the way you work (better, less stress) and to the way your colleagues work with you (more appreciated and respected).
The main components of the course are:
- Managing teams and helping teams be more effective and productive
- Secrets of motivating teams and individuals
- Performance Management techniques both for individuals and for teams
- How to manage conflict in the workplace
Attendees will be able to succeed in:
- Establishing a common sense of purpose for a team;
- Setting clear individual and team objectives;
- Explain how individuals adopt operational styles and roles in a team;
- Describe theories of motivation and use them in the workplace;
- Explain how to obtain optimum engagement from team members;
- Identify and use effective performance assessment processes;
- Undertake effective supervision and appraisal processes;
- Choose from a variety of feedback methods, including those for giving constructive criticism;
- Identify the causes and stages of conflict in the workplace;
- Describe how to minimise the potential for conflict;
- Use a choice of processes to resolve conflict in the workplace;
- Identify ways to develop team members and teams.
The skills gained on this course are transferrable and are valid in all work situations even if you work outside social care.