This new one day course has been designed to support NUH in becoming a mentally healthy workplace and is being funded as part of our involvement with the NHS England healthy workforce initiative.
The course is aimed at managers and other staff who have line management responsibilities (such as return to work interviews, pastoral care and appraisals). The course will be a mix of presentations, discussions and practical exercises covering:
- Understanding psychological health at work
- Creating a psychologically healthy workplace
- The impact of supportive leadership behaviour
- How to have a conversation about mental health
- Managing your own mental health
You will be provided with handouts to take away and use as well as access to a specially designed website for further information and support plus information about other services provided as part of our staff health and wellbeing programme.