Sales Have Ended
Are you a senior sponsor of a change initiative? Do you truly understand the scope and importance of your role? In a recent global change survey, when asked about the key to successful delivery of project objectives, respondents cited ‘active and visible sponsorship’ three times more frequently than anything else.
Given that for most people, the role of sponsor is a part-time, voluntary activity; how can you be sure you’re focusing on the right things and getting the highest return from your efforts? In this two-hour session, we will review the do's and don'ts of successful change leadership and what you should focus your attention on to successfully lead change within your organisation.
By the end of the programme you will have learned key concepts about leading successful change, as well as reviewing effective and ineffective sponsorship practices and behaviours. Focusing on both knowledge and practical application, the programme will prepare you to:
- Describe the essential components of successful change
- Identify the reasons why change fails
- Identify the expectations of a executive sponsor
- List the most common sponsor mistakes and what you can do to avoid these
- Consider your role in leading change and what you need to start/stop/continue doing
What is Covered
- Managing change for business results
- Individual responses to change
- The difference between change management and project management
- The impact of the sponsor on project success
- The top five most common sponsor mistakes
- The sponsor's multidimensional role
- Assessing your project readiness for change success
About the Trainer
Hazel Thomson has worked across the globe for blue-chip organisations including Accenture, BSkyB and Freescale Semiconductor; leading significant change programmes and implementing organisational strategies that deliver the highest return on ‘people’.