Actions and Detail Panel
Leading Edge Child Sexual Exploitation Advanced Training - Essex
Thu 6 July 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
The CPD accredited Advanced Course is designed to encourage the reflective practice of delegates through engaging discussions, sharing of experiences and through the use of a case study. The course aims to develop knowledge and awareness of the complexities of CSE for young people and their families whilst enhancing the practical skills necessary to be able to offer support effectively.
There is an expectation that practitioners attending will have an existing knowledge of CSE and completed the NWG Foundation Course or similar.
- Identify and apply to practice the skills needed to ensure the rights of the child underpin the work we do.
- Recognise and describe how sexualised images and material can impact the lives of young people today.
- Recognise when victim blaming occurs and have confidence in our practice to challenge this discrimination.
- Demonstrate good practice when arranging and facilitating meetings involving young people and their parents or carers.
- Explain what self-blame is and how this affects young people and their emotional wellbeing.
- Define trauma and describe how it might manifest.
- Recognise ways in which we can develop our practice through the consideration of different models of working with trauma.
- Delegates will use a case study along with their knowledge and practice to analyse and question the case study in order to make an assessment and to plan how they might intervene and disrupt child sexual exploitation.
On completion of this course participants will receive a CPD certificate and the NWG Advanced Course electronic badge that can be displayed on their email signature.
9:00 - 9:30: Registration, Tea & Coffee
- Effective engagement with young people
- Youth produced sexual imagery
11:15 - 11:30: Coffee
- Practical support for young people and families
- Victim Blaming
12:45 - 13:15: Lunch (provided)
- Information and Assessment
14:30 - 14:45: Coffee
- Trauma and supporting young people
- Trauma and the worker
15:50 - 16:00: Evaluation and Certification
- Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please make contact prior to the event, via email through email@example.com or by calling 01332 585371.
- Transport and parking information
South Essex College, Thurrock Campus (Grays) has no parking on the college grounds. However, there are parking options around the Grays town centre details of which can be found here https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/car-parks/car-parks-in-grays. The most convenient car park for the college is Grays Shopping Centre, http://www.graysshoppingcentre.co.uk/car-park, and is a short 5-minute walk to the college.
There are a limited number of disabled parking spaces within the College grounds that can be booked. Should you require one please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that a space can be reserved for you.
The train links from London to Grays are excellent; a journey time of around 35 minutes and just a short 2-minute walk to the college from the station. Information on the trains can be found using this link; https://www.c2c-online.co.uk/our-route/grays/
- Where to go on the day
On your arrival to the college please report to the Main Reception where you will be directed to your training room.
- What is the refund policy?
Once a place is secured you may amend your delegate name without charge. You may cancel your booking up to one calendar month without charge. Any cancellations made within two weeks of the seminar date will incur 50% charge. Any cancellations made within a week of the forum date will be liable for full payment. If we cancel the forum for any reason, we will refund 100% of the fee, but will not be held liable for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. We always endeavour to reschedule a forum as opposed to cancelling it.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
In the event of you being unable to attend you may transfer your ticket to a colleague with prior permission from the NWG.
Please note that a Gold member may only transfer to another Gold member and a non-member to a non-member. Please email email@example.com to amend.
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org