Actions and Detail Panel
Leading Edge Child Sexual Exploitation Foundation Training - Essex
Tue 25 April 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
Our CPD accredited course has been developed with the expertise learnt through the Response Unit leading specialist’s engagement with practitioners from a wide range of disciplines. The course continually updates with the latest understanding through a dynamic engagement with our trainer and Response Unit lead specialists. This will give delegates enhanced consideration of the latest in depth knowledge and understanding of impacts of Child Sexual Exploitation and associated issues and complexities.
The Foundation Training Course is designed to follow on from our innovative e-learning course ‘Tackling CSE’.
· Thorough understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation; its reach, the NWG process of Child Sexual Exploitation victim and perpetrator profiles and models.
· In depth awareness of Missing and Consent and their importance when supporting young people who are at risk of exploitation or who are being exploited.
· Assess their effectiveness when working in partnership with others including young people and families.
· Identify and understand how sexual exploitation can impact on young people and those around them and how they respond to the trauma of Sexual Exploitation.
· Define trafficking and explain how the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 can benefit victims of Child Sexual Exploitation.
· Have an awareness of the Victim Identification Tool (NRM) and the statutory responsibility agencies have to refer potential victims of trafficking. This awareness will provide them with information on the process of the NRM.
On completion of this course participants will receive a CPD certificate and the NWG Foundation Course electronic badge that can be displayed on their email signature.
9:00 - 9:30: Registration, Tea & Coffee
- Definitions & the Child Sexual Exploitation Process
- Models of Exploitation
- Perpetrators of Exploitation
11:15 - 11:30: Coffee
- CSE and Missing
13:00 - 13:00: Lunch (provided)
- Barriers to engaging young people
14:30 - 14:45: Coffee
- Trauma and the impact of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
- Victim Identification Tool
15:45 - 16:00: Evaluation and Certification
- Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please make contact prior to the event, via email through email@example.com or by calling 01332 585371.
- Transport and parking information
South Essex College, Thurrock Campus (Grays) has no parking on the college grounds. However, there are parking options around the Grays town centre details of which can be found here https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/car-parks/car-parks-in-grays. The most convenient car park for the college is Grays Shopping Centre, http://www.graysshoppingcentre.co.uk/car-park, and is a short 5-minute walk to the college.
There are a limited number of disabled parking spaces within the College grounds that can be booked. Should you require one please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that a space can be reserved for you.
The train links from London to Grays are excellent; a journey time of around 35 minutes and just a short 2-minute walk to the college from the station. Information on the trains can be found using this link; https://www.c2c-online.co.uk/our-route/grays/
- Where to go on the day
On your arrival to the college please report to the Main Reception where you will be directed to your training room.
- What is the refund policy?
Once a place is secured you may amend your delegate name without charge. You may cancel your booking up to one calendar month without charge. Any cancellations made within two weeks of the seminar date will incur 50% charge. Any cancellations made within a week of the forum date will be liable for full payment. If we cancel the forum for any reason, we will refund 100% of the fee, but will not be held liable for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. We always endeavour to reschedule a forum as opposed to cancelling it.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
In the event of you being unable to attend you may transfer your ticket to a colleague with prior permission from the NWG. Please note that a Gold member may only transfer to another Gold member and a non-member to a non-member. Please email email@example.com to amend.
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org