Actions and Detail Panel
Leading SAFe: The SAFe Agilist 4.0 (Weekend Course)
Mon, 23 Jan 2017, 16:30 – Tue, 24 Jan 2017, 16:35 GMT
Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
Get the resources you need to Lead SAFe® in your enterprise and become a certified SAFe Agilist (SA). This course will be teaching SAFe 4.0.
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework®(SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
We understand that for contractors and employees alike, taking time off for training can be both costly and inconvenient so we’re offering the SAFe Agilist course on both Fridays & Saturdays and Weekends. Check out our website for more dates.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Your Trainer – Andrea Darabos
Andrea has 10+ years of experience in delivering digital transformation projects and training staff in essential digital skills. Among others, she has worked in the US, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany, Singapore, China and Hong Kong. Originally a software developer and entrepreneur, she has strong roots in digital and a passion for inspiring people with innovations in new technologies. After her MBA at INSEAD, Andrea started a digital consultancy called Lean Advantage in London. They specialise in digital innovation and transformation for large Fortune 500 businesses. Andrea has delivered innovation and lean agile trainings to 500+ staff from mid-management to executives and London –based accelerator programmes (IMPACT HUB, Edtech and Innovation Warehouse).
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Agilist certificate
- One year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions for bookings.