The course will ensure you are up to date with all the latest information that you need in relation to safeguarding pupils and staff, enabling you to effectively lead safeguarding, Internet safety and Prevent in your school.
Whether you are a head teacher, principal, governor or designated safeguarding lead, you will:
- Understand the latest statutory requirements for safeguarding pupils and staff (Keeping children safe in education 2016)
- Develop a deeper understanding of the signs and indicators of abuse including child sexual exploitation
- Learn how to develop processes for early identification of radicalisation and extremism
- Assess your current practices for managing concerns and disclosures
- Understand the expectations of the role of the Safeguarding Governor
- Learn how to evaluate your current site security according to the Health and Safety Executive guidelines
Course facilitator: Philippa Ollerhead
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on email@example.com that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to email@example.com before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.