San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
May 15 & 16 from 09:00 to 17:30
Who should attend?
Team members, managers and leaders who would like to create a more effective system for managing and improving IT Operations that creates better reliability, predictability and outcomes built with continuous evolutionary improvement.
This is a 2-day hands on workshop which covers how Kanban helps teams, leaders and managers manage IT Operations more effectively.
This course guides you through the fundamentals of Kanban thinking and how you can apply Kanban method in your organisation to understand your demand and visualise your workflow, bottlenecks and queues and how to continually evolve your system to improve the flow of value.
You will learn techniques to help you create better reliability and predictability and be able to:
- Take an active role in your team’s adoption of Kanban
- Understand the day-to-day operation and maintenance of kanban systems
- Understand key concepts such as pull & commitment
- Effectively communicate and take an active role in resolving issues affecting flow of work
- Understand what measures are used for, which ones to use to understand how the team is working
- Understand your team’s capability (sources & types of demand, failure & value demand, completion time and rate for each demand type & source)
Lean Kanban University
This course has been accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU).
On successful completion, students taking an LKU accredited course will receive certificate of completion, membership of Lean Kanban University (LKU) Listing in the LKU Member Directory. Please visit LKU to find out more about LKU and benefits of membership.
On successful completion you will be able to
- Understand your demand sources and types
- Measure your system's capability in meeting your purpose
- Measure the impact of failure demand
- Visualise your current system
- Define explicit policies
- Identify areas for improvement
The course is designed to help you understand your current condition, model and visualise it as a Kanban system, understand and measure your current system's capability and apply Kanban thinking to continually improve.
Understand you current condition
- Map your current system
- Identify your classes of service and demand
- Measure your current system capability
- Kanban principles
- Transitioning to a pull based system
- Visualising specialisations, bottlenecks, buffers and queues
- Impact of work in process
Model your system
- How the work works - the workflow
- Type of work, frequency, variable size
- Capacity allocation and WIP limits
- Coordination points
- Cadence - deployment, testing, release
- Using measures to gain insight
- Evolutionary change
- Building a daily improvement cadence
About the trainers
Siamak Shams Ph.D.
Siamak has been a full-time Agile Practitioner, trainer and coach Since 2002 delivering successful Agile transformation and operation in some of the largest organisations in the UK and Europe.
Siamak has been a member of the professional Agile community and particularly Scrum / XP / Kanban, with certification from Scrum Alliance as CSP, CSM and Scrum.org as CSM I and Accredited Kanban Trainer from LKU.
Siamak is also a member of Academic Agile Community with a Ph.D. in IT the “Operationalization of Agile Software Development” as his research topic.
Siamak’s background is in Web and desktop software applications development experience in most of the high level languages and Web scripts.
Nader has been a full-time Agile Practitioner, trainer and coach Since 2002 delivering successful Agile transformation and operation in some of the largest organisations in the UK.
Nader has been a member of the professional Agile community and particularly Scrum / XP / Kanban, with certification from Scrum Alliance as CSM and Kanban Coaching Professional and Accredited Kanban Trainer from LKU.
Nader is an active member of the London Agile community. Nader’s background is in creating effective software product development teams and organisations.
Quotes from previous attendees:
“I will now rollout the Kanban principles across the organization.”
“Can this improve our current process – the answer is yes!”
“Excellent workshop, interactive and hands-on.”
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Value Glide reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend. In these circumstances, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event with full refund. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience. Value Glide will not be responsible for any incurred costs.
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel your place more than 15 working days before the event. For cancelations with less than 15 working days before the event we do not offer a refund, but you will be able to transfer your place.