Actions and Detail Panel
League Table - webinar
Wed 7 December 2016, 13:00 – 14:00 GMT
Understanding Higher Education League Tables
A comprehensive one hour webinar that will equip you with valuable understanding of how the 3 main higher Education League tables (Times, Complete University Guide and Guardian) acquire and present their destinations data. By the end of the course you should be comfortable in explaining how Destinations of Leavers of Higher Education Survey data is converted into a League table position to academic and management colleagues
This course is for: careers professionals, data managers and Leaders within both Higher Education and Further Education institutions that offer Higher Education qualifications.
The Careers Group collects Higher Education course student destinations data for many Higher Education / Further Education Institutions in the UK. Our graduate research team provides analysis of this data to many institutions. This expertise will be shared with you in this webinar.
In this course we will cover:
• What is a league table and why they are important to HE institutions.
• What sort of data goes into a league table.
• Which students go into a league table.
• How league tables take data from the Destination of Leavers of Higher Education (DLHE) survey and convert it into a number that reflects graduate employability.
• How graduate employability data and other information impacts on the position of an institution in departmental and institutional league tables.
• How the league tables differ from each other.
• Responses to common questions about league tables.
Time allowing, at the end of the session, the trainers will respond to previously-sent questions on these topics in a Q and A session.
Benefits / Learning outcomes
• Be able to explain department positions in League Tables with confidence to other careers professionals, institutional leaders and academics
• Understand the limitations of league table employability data
• Be able to explain the difference between departmental positions in different league tables.
Be able to explain why league table positions are important.
Careers Consultant at The Careers Group
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
You are able to transfer your ticket to another person in your organisation if you are unable to attend. Please email us at least one working day before.
What is an affiliate fee?
You are eligible to purchase at the affiliate rate if you are a member of AGCAS, employed by the University of London and its member colleges. For additional information please contact us.
Further information will follow later.