Business Advisors lean how to use the core Lean Start-up tools and methodology when advising start-up clients.
( This is a free 2- day workshop exclusively for business advisors who work for Capital Enterprise members and/or Open Innovation partners)
Overview & content
Over 2 days we’ll be covering the major tools and concepts from Lean Startup that fast-growing companies are using to thrive under conditions of extreme uncertainty.
- Lean Startup: tools and core concepts for entrepreneurship, mentoring, and support
- Idea communication, generation, and industry analysis using the business model canvas
- Strategy and mentoring using the business model canvas
- Minimum viable products, early-stage strategy, and making progress with limited funding
- The practicalities of customer development and getting early commitments
- How to get shy founders to leave the building and talk to real customers
- Best practices from top Lean Startup mentors and teachers
- Review of the tools of Lean Startup and summary of how they’re being used to support entrepreneurs throughout accelerators, universities, and more
Course objectives & learning outcomes
For each major tool, you’ll leave with an understanding of its uses, an awareness of its limitations, and a set of exercises or workshops that you can use with it. You’ll be able to spot when the tools of Lean Startup will be most helpful and will have the expertise to put them to good use. This includes:
- Lean Startup
- Minimum viable products
- The business model canvas
- Customer development
Prior knowledge and suggested material
We’ll cover all required concepts without reliance on obscure buzzwords or jargon, so no preparation is strictly necessary. However, if you’d like a stronger foundation on which to have the discussion, we recommend reading:
We’ll be using concepts from both books, as well as Steve Blank’s work on Customer Development.
About the trainer
Fitzpatrick is a tech entrepreneur, author, and partner at FounderCentric, where he helps accelerators and universities design and deliver better startup education programs. He has successfully bankrupted 3 companies, is a YCombinator alum, and has built products used globally by brands like MTV & Sony. He has raised funding in the US and UK and recently crowd funded a card game. He writes about early stage strategy at http://thestartuptoolkit.com
and is the author of http://momtestbook.com
about the practicalities of early stage customer development and sales.
Do you have questions about Lean Start- Up Open Innovation Advisers Workshop.?
Contact Capital Enterprise