An education in all things nutrition with a professional nutritionist! Learn to take control of your own food choices. Forget fad diets and say goodbye to shakes and pills.
This evening will give you the knowledge and skills to be able to achieve your goals.
I aim to help you understand the various aspects of nutrition which in turn, will let you take control of your own nutrition. Whether you are looking to lose weight, optimise your gym workouts or simply improve your health, then this evening is for you!
I will be focusing on the following areas:
To help with the understanding of nutrition, i will cover the basics to make sure everyone understands what we are discussing during the workshop. It is also important to know what you are putting in your body and what effects it is going to have, both positive and negative.
- What are carbohydrates?
- What is fat?
- What is a calorie?
- What is protein?
- How much do we need?
Understanding Food Labeling
Food labels can be a complete minefield of information if you are unsure about what you are looking for or if you don't understand how to properly use the information that is given on the labels.
- What should you be looking at on a food label?
- An explanation of the common claims seen on food labels. Why should you be cautious of some of them?
- What does it all mean on the nutrition label?
- Is the traffic light system really that good?
- How to spot the bad things
- What to look for in the ingredients list?
Weight loss is a very cpmplicated area. With many shops, companies and celebrities trying to sell you various fad diets, supplements, shakes, pills etc and a quick look on the internet for weight loss tips will give you countless conflicting theories. I will clear this all up for you to give you the evidence and skills to ahieve your weight loss goals.
- How much should you be eating?
- What should you be including in your diet?
- A look at various diets. Why should you be cautious?
Understand how to properly plan your meals and diet to help you achieve your goals, whether it be weight loss, muscle building or training for a marathon i will cover the key points to make sure you are able to plan for yourself.
The supplement industry is absolutely huge! With things like protein, creatine, fat binders, ketones, amino acids, carb blockers, this list will go on and on but do you actually need them? Do you know what they all are?
- A look at all the popular supplements
- What are they?
- What do they do?
- Do we actually need them?
Achieving Your Goals On A Budget
Many people say that eating healthy is too expensive. With the right knowledge and skills you can learn to make your meals healthy as well as affordable.
- How can you save money on your food bills?
- Can you still get the required protein without spending a fortune?
Do you go to the gym and want to know what is best to eat/drink?
- Are you planning on taking part in a charity event and want to know what you should be doing nutritionally?
- Importance of hydration
- What is the difference between all the sports drinks? How to make them yourself at home.
If there is anything else you would like to learn about, please let me know and i will do my best to accommodate everyone's requests. I want to make this workshop as helpful to everyone as possible to ensure you all come away from it with a much better knowledge and skills to be able to take control of your own nutrition.