San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"Train to Create" & Wacom are thrilled to announce their upcoming series of events featuring digital artist Adrian Sommeling and Photographer Ronald Koster. From Netherlands, Adrian and Ronald will be joining "Train to Create" in Berlin for two one-day intensive workshops where participants will learn the creative process and techniques to create surreal stunning composite images.
Workshop limited to only 15 attendees per day
A practiced workshop leader, Adrian will impart to participants his insight, experience and techniques for creating unusual, eye-catching images. With the help of Ronald and "Train To Create," Adrian will share his methods for both shooting and blending images in post-production.
Sommeling has an impressive Facebook fans list and a reputation that commands respect. He has been featured in Photography Monthly, Zoom NL, Digital Photo, Photo Answers and more!
Adrian approaches his pieces like photorealistic paintings, sketching out each one before taking to his camera. As a result, he creates striking, unusual and powerful images that are sure to induce a double take. Heavily inspired by his young son and youthfulness, Sommeling creates pieces that capture the beauty and wonder of childlike imagination. This workshop will teach you how to recreate his style while adding your own personal touch.
Ronald Koster is a professional photographer with a passion for autonomous work. For his autonomous work he "picks" his models largely from the streets. The handling of his models with his working method he dubs as "Gorilla Style". Ronald has in the past recent years worked hard to nail an own a recognizable consistent style of portraits. His photographs have perfected their respect not by finishing endless in post-processing, but mainly by clever use of flash.
To be announced
Each one-day intensive workshop will go as follows:
- Meet and greet! Adrian will explain what’s behind his own photographic style and go over related topics, such as sharing photos and using social media and other websites.
- The group will then go the Location in order to shoot a background photo. Adrian will explain what to look for in a background image, his techniques and methods and the importance of important aspects such as lighting and shadows.
- Then participants will begin shooting the models in the workshop location. Adrian and Ronald will go through the lighting, which will be done with a studio light and one or two speedlights.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Post-processing! Here Adrian & Train to Create Team will instruct how to blend the photos together. Participants will learn how to set somebody free from the background, how to use dodge and burn, how to create shadows and much more.
- At the end, all the participants will get a brochure to take home that contains all the steps they learned during the workshop. Combined with their hands on experience and guidance from Adrian, they will not ever forget the process! They will also receive a photoshop file of Adrian’s composite photo ‘Sea of Green’ with all the layers in it to use as a guide.
What you need:
- Personal camera
- Speedlight (optional)
- Own Laptop
- Photoshop CS4+ installed (The workflow will work with every major version of Photoshop)
- A Wacom tablet will be provided for your use during the workshop.
1. There is a 14-day cooling off period following the purchase of the ticket where you will receive a full refund minus a 5% administration fee.
2. 14-day after the purchase of the workshop you are entitled a 50% refund.
3. Cancelations made 14 days prior to the event’s date are non refundable.
4. You can transfer your ticket to third parties at any time by informing us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. No refund will be made for non-attendance of the event
Train to Create reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location and the time of an event due to unforeseen circumstances. If Train to Create cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
When & Where
Train To Create
Train to Create is an invitation. A team of photography passionate people that facilitates visual creativity through workshops, conferences and networking.
Train to Create calls at London to connect all passengers interested in expressing their vision through photography, filmmaking and digital arts.
Welcome on board!
We believe in the importance of the creative impulse in human beings. Our mission is to provide opportunities to build on that impulse.
This is what we do:
We create an environment for the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
We maintain a network of lasting collaborations with international artists.
We organise a range of activities, from tailored laboratories to conferences, for the professional and amateur photographers, filmmakers and digital artist interested in developing their skills.
Our gatherings are opportunities for practical training within a professional environment. They are hosted by established artists and photography authors, each of them focusing on their particular area of expertise.
Whether you are a passionate amateur, a semi-professional or a professional photographer, you will have the opportunity to complete the process of a professional shooting, starting from the concept to the final retouching.
In an inspiring setting within London, your creativity will be encouraged by working with models and using the costumes, scenery and lighting equipment of a professional studio. It is a fun and inspiring atmosphere where all the participants are challenged to go through the barriers of their perceived limitations and freely experiment their ideas.