Learn the basics of how to make a raglan cardigan or sweater (Level 1) using circular needles, knitted from the 'top down'. The teacher Jillian Bulgan has designed a great adaptable pattern, create a sweater or cardigan the length you want it, short or long sleeved, fitted and adjusted to your size. This is an introductory class aimed at new knitters and improvers, using chunky wool to progress quickly with enough instruction to complete at home or at our fortnightly Thursday evening craft club.
On completion of this workshop, participants will confidently be able to:
- Make simple and stylish cardigans or sweaters on circular needles
- Understand the importance of tension squares and sizing
- Create ribbing for elastication and detailing
- Experience 3d knitting
- Increase and Decrease to create shaping
- Make button holes or insert a zip
- Follow a simple pattern from start to finish and understand how to adapt for a range of styles
YOU WILL REQUIRE: approx 350g yarn (see measurements below) and 80cm circular needles (bring your own or items are available to purchase in our shop) For the first top down we recommend using chunky yarn (using 10 / 12mm needles) so you progress quickly!
Small 35" chest = approx 450m of yarn (200g)
Medium 38" chest = approx 525m of yarn (250g)
Large 41" chest = approx 675m of yarn (300g)
1 X Large = approx 825m of yarn (400g)
2 X Large = approx 975m of yarn (500g)
We offer a 10% discount on yarns & notions purchased at Fabrications for your knitting class!
For more information about Fabrications and our classes, please visit our Website
Booking Terms & Conditions