Actions and Detail Panel
Learn to knit socks
Sat 28 January 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
Put your best foot forward and be guided with Jill Bulgan through the process of knitting socks from top to toe!
This class is suitable for those of you new to knitting or making 3d objects as it focusses on knitting socks on 2 needles. It is also a fun project for intermediate knitters. If you know how to cast on, knit & purl and cast off you will be fine in this class.
On completion of this workshop, participants will confidently be able to:
- Make socks using 2 needles
- Create ribbing for elastication
- Experience 3d knitting
- Understand how to 'turn the heel' by picking up stitches
- Decrease and create shaping for the toes
- Introduce colour to create pattern or text on the socks.
- Follow a simple sock pattern from start to finnish
You will require: 100g of DK yarn and 4mm needles (You will be eligible for a 10% discount when puchasing knitting supplies for any of our knitting classes in our shop)
For more information on other classes and shop at Fabrications, visit the Website
Booking Terms & Conditions